Coastal Police Station04994-224800 Toll Free - 1093 firstname.lastname@example.org
The station jurisdiction spreads the entire Coastal areas of Kasaragod district upto 12 nautical miles. The Coastal area spread in Kasaragod district from Kanwatheertha in Northern side and Thayyil Kadapuram in the southern side. The distance from northern side to Southern side coastal areas is 78 Kms. The coastal area is under the judicial jurisdiction of the Hon’ble Chief Judicial Magistrate Court, Kasaragod as per notification No.A1-1703/2012 dated 04.07.12 of the CJM, Kasaragod.
Coastal Police, as the name suggests, will be on the coast. Government of India, as a part of scheme, has sanctioned 8 Coastal Police Stations in the state vide Coastal Security Scheme-I. Vide GO (MS) No.23/10 dated 23.01.10 sanction has been accorded for opening a new Coastal Police Station at Thalangara, Kasaragod for strengthening the Coastal securities in Kasaragod district. Coastal Police Station, Bekal at Thalagnara, Kasaragod was inaugurated on 25.11.2010 by Sri. Kodiyeri Balakrishnan, then Hon’ble Home Minister of Kerala and the station was notified as Coastal Police Station as per GO (Rt) 366/2011/Home dated 01816/Home TVPM dated 04.02.11.The Coastal Police Station Thalangara is functioning in a three storied own building faces east which situated in Thalangara village, Kasaragod Taluk and very near to Thalangara new harbor. Coastal Police Station having one acres of land in Thalangara village and Kasaragod Municipal building No.KMC-XXI/10 (1).
Hon’ble Chief Judicial Magistrate Court, Kasaragod
Tourist places in the coastal areas of Kasaragod district
Kasargod is often named as land of Lords and Forts. One of the most beautiful districts in Kerala state endowed with 9 rivers, hills, beaches, backwaters and forts. The people uses about 7 languages and the district is known as “Sapthabhasha Sanghama Bhoomi”
The fort is situated on the bank of the sea and 14 km distance from Kanhangad and 15 km from Kasaragod town. Pallikara railway station (Bekal fort railway station) is very near to the fort. About 80 kms distance from Mangalore Airport in Karnataka State. Bekal beach is very near to Bekal fort attracting tourists.
Valiyaparamba backwaters, Kasaragod
Valiyaparamba in Kasaragod district of Kerala, is perhaps the most scenic backwater stretch in the state. Fed by four rivers and dotted with numerous little islands, Valiyaparamba is fast turning into a much favoured backwater resort that offers enchanting boat cruises.
Mission And Vision Of Coastal Police
Policing the Indian coastline against infiltration, intrusion and other illegal activities in collaboration with Central and State agencies in Territorial Waters and on the Coastline of India.
The Coastal Police will strive for:
- Investing in infrastructure and logistics to meet the existing and future challenges.
- Development of human resources through recruitment and training to raise skilled and specialized manpower for Coastal Policing.
- Building capacity for specialized Coastal Policing tasks like Patrolling, Surveillance, Interception, Intelligence collection, Investigation, Disaster and Crisis Management, rescue Operations related to Coast & Sea etc.
- Creating institutionalized collaboration, coordination and co-operation among all the stake-holders in Coastal Security.
- Promoting and securing community participation to generate multipliers and accelerators in Coastal Security.
- Promoting and sharing best practices of Policing in Coastal Security.
- Addressing environmental and ecological concerns and interests of country through collaboration and co-operation with other agencies.
- Constant review and up gradation of Technology, Gadgetry and Weaponry being in use to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the Coastal Policing.
- Promoting welfare measures and launching schemes for rewards and incentives to build and sustain high morale and motivation level of Coastal Security personnel.
- Becoming a capable & fully professional force protecting the national interests in mandated Policing activity.
Kadalora Jagratha Samithies (KJS)
Kadalora Jagratha Samithies are the eyes and ears of the Coastal Security. In order to counter the threat posed by terrorist/ antinational through coastal areas, the functioning of KJS is in evitable. Altogether 12 KJS are formed within the limits of Coastal Police Station, Bekal. The meetings of KJS are being conducted by all KJS properly on monthly basis, in these meetings all the matters related with KJS activities are being discussed. Apart this, lifesaving classes, demonstration of smoke signals, awareness campaigns, medical camp, tailoring coaching classes etc were also conducted during the last years.
Details of Notified Landing Points
As per the Government order, there are 20 notified fish landing points within the limits of Coastal Police Station, Bekal, Kasaragod.
- Cheruvatthur fishing harbor
- Hosdurg-S-Bella (Punchavi)
- Thalangara jetty
- Punchavi Kadapuram
- Light House Kasaragod
Details of Un-notified Landing Points
There are 33 un-notified fish landing points within the limits of Coastal Police Station, Bekal, Kasaragod.
Details of Boat jetties
1. Boat jetty at Thalangara 2. Boat jetty at Thaikadapuram 3. Boat Jetty at Madakara
No major and minor ports within the limits of Coastal PS, Bekal.